This recycled sewing project shows you how to sew a headband out of a sweater piece.
What you need
Old Sweater, Buttons, Sewing Machine
1. Measure your head and cut a 4′ wide piece from your sweater that is that long. So you want the measurements to be 4”x”the number you measured”.
2. Hem the edges by folding the edges of the sweater piece over about 1/2” and sewing down.
3. Sew 3 buttons onto 1 side of your sweater. Sew them on the top, with the hemmed edges on the backside.
4. Fold the opposite end of your sweater over overlapping the buttons, and using a light colored marker, mark where the buttons are.
5. Snip button holes the size of you 3 buttons.
6. Wrap around your head and button up.