Create a mobile phone pouch from felt that you can button and clasp onto your main bag.
What you need
Felt or Denim
Needle and thread
The fabric in the tutorial isn’t felt, it’s denim because i didn’t have any felt left, i have also made these from foam and leatherette
1. This is the template for the 2 pieces:
2. Cut your fabric according to the template, I used zigzag shears so the fabric won’t fray and this way I didn’t have to hem the edges.
3. Embelish the front according to your taste you can use beads, felt, sublime stitching, applique… here a few examples.
4. Place the front and back pieces on top of eachother wrong sides facing:
5. Attach from 3 sides leaving the top open, I used hand stitching but it would’ve been neater and faster with a machine.
6. Attach a snap on the top of the handle from the right side of the fabric, and the other part of the snap to the top right corner of the body of the cozy, I used a snap in the green cosy, and Velcro on this one, the button is only decorative, of course you can use a button or a ribbon as well.
7. This is the finished cozy attached to a tote i made.
This project was contributed by Lara