Here are some decoration ideas for birdhouses for this autumn. Use paint, glitter and feathers to create a perfect fall themed welcome house for birds!
What you need
Acrylic Paint in Autumn colors
1. Paint sections of your bird houses with Autumn colored acrylic paints. I used yellow, orange and green.
2. Pick out Autumn colored and themed papers and trim them to fit the blank sections of your bird houses- where you did not paint. Using Mod Podge, decoupage them onto the wooden bird houses.
3. Apply mod podge in places where you would like to add glitter- I painted stripes of mod podge on one bird house, and used a pencil eraser to make polka dots on another. While the modpodge is still wet, sprinkle on a generous amount of glitter. Shake off the excess glitter and let dry.
4. Trim your feathers down to different lengths, but to where they will fit nicely on the roof of your bird house. Using glue, adhere them down onto the roof.
5. Use other paper scraps, and fall things to continue embellishing your birdhouses.