Create these big USA letters this 4th of July for a fun patriotic craft idea.
What you needWooden Letters
Scrapbook paper, optional
Needle Nose Pliers
sponge paint brush
1. For each letter I chose to paint them rather than Mod Podge scrapbook paper to them simply because I didn’t have a stripes or stars paper pattern so if you have them on hand I would highly recommend doing it that way because the stripes were a bit harder to paint than I thought they would be, even with a ruler.
So if you opt for painting start by making your stripes on your “U” with a ruler and pencil.
2. Paint your stripes using a small watercolor paint brush or foam brush with a straight
3. Next, paint the entire “S” letter in an off white or beige paint and then let dry. When the letter is completely dry, use a foam brush or stencil brush in a darker tan color and lightly pat over the lighter color- making sure not to cover entirely just here and there.
4. For the “A” letter, paint the entire letter blue and then let dry. Stencil white stars on top using a stencil brush or add vinyl stars or stickers to the top- whatever you have on hand.
5. When you are done painting all your letters- drill a hole in each letter and wire together using craft wire and needle nose pliers. Use your pliers to cut the wire and twist when it is looped through both holes. Curl edges in with pliers when done twisting and it is ready to hang with all of your cute decor!