Learn to make a seed bead rosette - which is very popular bead artwork in these simple step by step directions.
What you need
THREE COLORS OF SEED BEADS
Step one: Choose three colors of seedbeads and with first color add 6 seedbeads join in a loop and tie together
Step two & step three:
In first bead add three seedbeads of alternate color, in second add two seedbeads of same color as the first three you just added,continue around till you have round with 15 seedbeads adding three then two.
Go through all the seedbeads ( all 15) once so that all that round is now pulled together nicely so it fits snug but nice with step one
Step five & six:
Using third color now do two beads in first seedbead of previous step/round then for the next three beads of previous step/round only add one so that this round you are adding a total of 19 seedbeads added in this step/round
To increase size of rosette:
Continue repeating steps 5 & 6 for each round but what i have found is every once in awhile you can tell when your adding the rounds and extra bead could be added to fill in a nice round shape so this pattern takes a little to make it work but you should get the general idea after every round go through all the beads you have added and pull snug not tight to previous round.
What you need
MINI TREE LIGHT, NEEDLE, THREAD, SCISSORS, SEEDBEADS,
This is for front and back of angel have to do this piece twice; Thread on 4 pink seedbeads then 4 more and go back through first 4 pink beads and down through next 4 beads forming a group of 8 with 4 by 4. This is the ladder stitch; continue adding 4 pink beads until you have 9 ladders of 4.
Add using brick stitch which is adding a bead in between the beads of the 9 ladders, 9 pink seedbeads. Continue adding 9 beads until you reach 9 rows of 9 seedbeads then start your decrease so that it goes 9 beads then next row 8 beads, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and end with two pink seedbeads up top. Now do steps one and two over again so that you now have two pieces.
The wings: using ladder stitch again of two white seedbeads with 18 ladders.
Now for top of wings on each side of piece this step must be done, on left and right side. Now using brick stitch add 5 white beads on left and right side for top wings then add another row of 4 on top of that then we can finish the bottom of wings.
Both again on left and right side start with 5 seedbeads under base ladder then
decrease rows till you get down to one.
After sewing front and back of angel together and sewing the wings to the back of the angel; using the 6 mm white bead sew on top of angel then thread on 8 gold seedbeads go back through 4 of the 8 and back through the 6mm white bead tie off and your angel is done
What you need
Thread, you can use normal nylon chord, nymo thread or elastic
2 Clam shell bead tips
1 Lobster clasp
(Optional) Craft glue or clear nail polish
Flat nose and round nose pliers
Size 11 seedbeads in three diferent colors (Example: pink, yellow and light blue)
2 Extra size 11 seed beads for the bead tips
You can create a bracelet, an anklet or even a necklace with this easy technique. You can also try diferent types of beads, diferent sizes, or mix colors in the strands. Have fun and be creative!!
1. Measure and cut three pieces of thread a little bit longer than the lenght that you want your bracelet to be, so measure your wrist, and add about 10-15 cm to that. You want your three strands to be the same lenght.
2. Thread your three strands trough one of your extra seedbeads leaving a short tail at the end (5mm-1cm), loop the threads and go back trough that seed bead again. Pull tight, tie one or two knots, and if you want, add a little bit of craft glue or clear nail polish to make sure it’s extra secure. Close the bead tip using your flat nose pliers, and also close the little loop that it has so that it is completely closed.
3. Start threading your beads on. Work on one strand at a time, and thread on as many beads to fill the lenght that you want your bracelet to be. When you’re finished, add 5 or 6 beads on top of that just in case. Make a stop-bead with your last bead on the thread by looping the chord and going back through the bead again. Do this once or twice so that the bead won’t get loose at any point. Do the same proccess for the other two strands to use the 3 colors of beads that you have.
4. Now it’s time to start braiding!! Just braid the strands normally until you get to the end. Then trying to keep everything tight, tie one or two knots to hold everything in place, get your knots as close to the braid as you can.
5. Thread your second bead tip and the other extra seed bead and repeat the step 2 to attach it.
6. Using your round nose pliers, open one of the jumprings (remember you have to open it sideways) and slide it through the loop of one of the bead tips, then close it.
7. Open the other jumpring and slide through the loop of the other bead tip, on the other side of the bracelet, but instead of closing it right away, add your lobster clasp on the jumpring. Once you’ve done that, close the jumpring, and it’s ready to wear!!
If at the end your bracelet doesn’t fit, don’t get frustrated!! You can simply add more jumprings on one side or on both sides till it fits your wrist. 🙂