This apron in a jar makes the perfect gift for you friend! Even better is that it doesn't require any sewing!
What you need
Canvas apron, iron ons, iron, ribbon, fabric glue, paper scrap, mason jar
1. Following the instructions on your iron on packaging, place your iron ons onto the center of your apron, and use your iron to transfer them.
2. Cut out a 4″ heart from pink felt and use fabric glue to adhere it onto the top center of your apron.
3. Cut out 2 pieces of ribbon the width of your apron and use fabric glue to adhere them over the top edge of the pockets.
4. Trace the mason jar lid onto a piece of patterned paper, cut it out and adhere on top of the lid.
5. To make a bow to decorate your jar:
1. Cut a 5″ piece of ribbon.
2. Fold the edges in and adhere them down.
3. Cut a 2″ piece of ribbon. Adhere on end to the bow.
4. Wrap the 2″ piece around, pleating your first ribbon and adhereing the end back onto the backside of the bow.
6. Wrap a piece of ribbon around your your jar, adhering the ends on the backside. Adhere the bow on top of the ribbon.
7. Roll up your apron (once the fabric glue is dry) and place it inside the jar. You can even fill it with other goodies before you give it to a friend- recipes, candy, etc!
All done! What do you think of this gift idea?