This tutorial shows you how to make a bird house using basic woodworking skills
What you need
2. Sand the boards with a sanding block.
3. Measure the center of the 7 1/4” block and draw a small line with a pencil.
4. Set the saw at a 45° angle and cut the top of the 7 1/4” block twice at a angle to make a point.
5. Sand the new edges.
6. Start building the bird house by laying the 8 1/2” board down.
7. Place a small amount of wood glue onto the bottom of a 7 1/4” board, place it onto the top back of the 8 1/2” board and carefully nail it together.
8. Place a small amount of glue onto the 4 1/4” sides, place one side on at a time and carefully nail the sides onto the top of the 8 1/2” board.
9. Add some glue onto the front of the side boards and carefully nail the last 7 1/4” on. This will be the front of the bird house.
10. Very carefully rip 1” off the long side of one of the 8” boards.
11. Place the 2 board together on the roof, glue and carefully nail the roof onto the house.
12. Place the drill bit onto the drill and carefully drill a hole in the front center of the bird house.
13. Stain the roof and base, wipe clean and let dry.
14. Paint the house a solid color, let dry, spray a clear coat of spray paint on the whole house in a well ventilated area and let dry.