This altered scrapbook style clipboard project is easy to make and looks great. Use it to showcase a favorite photo or create unique wall art. Add Post It notes or a small tear away calendar and hang this in your office.
What you need
Double Sided Tacky Tape (ex. Stampin’ Up® Sticky Strip¢ or Provo Craft® Terrifically Tacky Tape®)
Photo Safe Scrapbook adhesive (ex. Herma Dotto adhesive)
1-2 coordinating sheets of 12×12 patterned scrapbook paper
1 sheet of solid colored cardstock
2 coordinating shades of 5/8″ wide ribbon
3 Dimensional Glue Dots
3 Medium sized Buttons or Brads
3 Medium Sized Paper Flowers
1 Circle Tag with metal rim
Photo of your choice
1. Choose one piece of 12 x 12 patterned scrapbook paper to line your clipboard. Cut out a piece measuring 8 1/2″ x 11 1/2″. Take corner rounder and round two bottom corners of paper.
2. Generously apply double sided tacky tape along the perimeter of the clipboard from the metal clip downwards. Make sure to apply tape in the bottom corners of the clipboard. Peel away the red film from the double sided tacky tape and carefully adhere patterned scrapbook paper to clipboard. When adhering paper, first, line up and affix the rounded corners at the bottom of the clipboard and work your way upwards. Finally, you will need to open the metal clip and slip the top of the paper under the clip. One inch of your clipboard will be exposed at the top.
3. From your second piece of 12 x 12 patterned scrapbook paper, cut a strip measuring approximately 8 1/2 inches long by 1 1/2 inches wide. Apply scrapbook adhesive onto the back of this strip and glue strip down approximately 1/2 inch from the bottom of the clipboard.
4. Using this same patterned scrapbook paper, cut out another piece measuring approximately 5 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches. Apply scrapbook adhesive onto the back of this piece and glue piece down on a diagonal, located on the top left side of the clipboard, approximately 1/2 inch below the metal clip.
5. Add scrapbook adhesive to the back of the photo of your choice and mount it onto a solid colored piece of cardstock, allowing approximately 1/4 inch frame around the photo. Add scrapbook adhesive to the back of this mounted photo and apply the photo directly over the right hand side of your mounted diagonal piece. This will create a layered look.
6. Directly underneath your photo, arrange chipboard letters to form the word of your choice. Choose a word that best captures the sentiment in your photo. Use glue dots or double sided tacky tape to adhere chipboard letters.
7. Take 5/8″ wide ribbon and cut out two pieces, each measuring 11 inches in length. Apply double sided tacky tape on the back of the ribbon. Remove red film and carefully adhere first piece of ribbon across the bottom of your clipboard, and in the middle of the patterned paper strip. The second piece of ribbon should be affixed directly below the metal clip on the top of the clipboard. Wrap excess ribbon around sides of clipboard and glue to back.
8. Decorate clipboard with paper flowers (or any other embellishments that you desire). Use three dimensional glue dots to affix flowers. Glue dots will also add some dimension to the clipboard. Use glue dots when applying button or brads in the centers of your flowers.
9. Cut several pieces of coordinating 5/8″ ribbon in a variety of lengths and tie onto metal clip. Thread circle tag with metal trim through a piece of ribbon and decorate tag as you see fit. Trim ribbon until you achieve your desired look.