What you needWood stain, 1 small can of desired shade
Sand paper and paper towels
5 small nails
Wood plaque or panel
1. Sand wood panel and wipe clean with a dry cloth.
2. Apply wood stain. Be sure to work in a well-ventilated area. Leave wood stain on for 15 minutes and then wipe off excess with paper towels.
3. Mark the 5 star points of a star with a marker.
4. Hammer nails in, but don’t push them in all of the way, leave about 3/4″ of each nail sticking up from the wood panel.
5. Tie the ribbon to the nail at the top of the star. From there, wrap the ribbon around the other nails to form a star pattern.
6. When the star is complete, tie the ribbon to the nail at the top of the star again and cut off the extra ribbon. If desired, cut a 20″ piece of ribbon and tie a big, loopy bow to the top of the star.