What you need1 yard of fabric for the main fabric, 3 fat quarters for the ruffles, sewing machine, batting
1. Measure the length and width of your laptop, Mine is 15”x10” . Add 2” the both of those measurements.
2. Cut out 4 pieces of fabric that size. (My measurements are now 17”x12”).
3. Also cut out 2 pieces of batting that size.
4. Layer 1 piece of batting between 2 of your main fabric pieces, Pin them together, and then quilt it by sewing them together. For my quilting, I just stitched straight lines along the length of the pieces.
Repeat with your other 2 pieces of fabric and your batting.
5. Time for the ruffles: Cut out 6 3” wide strips of fabric, The length depends on how much ruffle you want, but I recommend at least 25” long. You can do these from all of the same fabric, or 3 different fabrics like I did.
6. Hem the side edges of all your ruffles.
7. Setting your machine on the longest stitch possible, Sew a straight line down the middle of 1 of your ruffles. Don’t back stitch.
8. Holding only the back thread, of the stitch you just created, Pull on it, cinching your fabric to create a ruffle.
9. Pin the ruffle to 1 of your fabric pieces. Sew it down by stitching down the middle of your ruffle.
10. Repeat steps 7-9 with the remaining ruffle pieces, ruffling them and sewing them to your piece of padded fabric.
11. Hem the top edges of your 2 padded pieces of fabric.
12. Placing the 2 pieces right sides together, pin them, and sew along the 2 sides and the bottom. Remove pins.
13. Flip right side out, and trim any threads.