This craft idea comes from my childhood. I've made several of them over the years and wanted to share it with all of you crafters.
What you need
1 5oz skein of bulky yarn ( the bulkier the better)
1 3″ styrofoam ball
2-3 yards of ribbon
1. Completely unwind the yarn into a 2-3 ft loop – I used a back of a chair.
2. Cinch off one end of the loop
3. Cut the other end where the loops are – try to cut them as even as possible
4. Place the ball under the cinched end and spread the yarn ove the ball as evenly as you can
5. Cinch under the ball to make the neck – by now you should have a bunch of single strands of yarn hanging from the neck
6. Divide the strands into 8 sections for the legs
7. Braid each section and cinch the ends with ribbon
8. You should have 8 braids hanging from the neck
9. Now you can put on the face pieces 10. Enjoy the fruits of your fun labor!