This Christmas craft tutorial shows you how to make sweet fabric tree ornaments for your Christmas tree using fabric scraps and basic beginner sewing skills.
What you need
Cotton Christmas fabric
1/4” Green ribbon
5/8” brown grosgrain ribbon
This Christmas craft tutorial is a great way to use up fabric scraps, of course, it’s also a great excuse to buy some new Christmas themed fabric too.
1. Use a ruler to draw a triangle with a 4” bottom and 8” sides onto a piece of card stock for the tree stencil.
2. Fold a piece of fabric in half on the cutting mat, place the tree stencil on top of the fabric and use the rotary cutter to cut out the tree shape.
3. Place the two pieces of fabric together with print sides facing out.
4. Cut a 4” piece of green ribbon and a 4” piece of brown ribbon.
5. Fold the brown ribbon in half and pin in between the two bottom pieces of the fabric.
6. Place the two ends of the green ribbon together and pin to the front top of the two pieces of fabric.
7. Place the sewing machine to a zigzag stitch and sew along the edges of the triangle tree, making sure to stitch both pieces of ribbon on.
8. Cut any loose threads and they are ready to hang on your Christmas tree.