With this recycled craft project you can organize your workspace and add a little whimsy to any desk.
What you need
- Carefully cut the top off of a water bottle, leaving a base that measures about 4 inches tall.
- Twist the ends of two green chenille stems together to create one long stem.
- Twist the stem around the water bottle in a spiral. Use a clothespin to hold in place while you position the stem.
- Use a dab of hot glue in one or two spots to secure the chenille stem in place.
- Where the stem reaches the top edge of the pencil cup, leave about 3′ /4’ remaining above the rim. (The taller you make your flower, the more it will “wiggle” when you add or remove pencils from the holder).
- Form each orange stem into two teardrop shaped petals. Twist petals together to create the flower.
- Hot glue the flower to the stem.
- Glue a button to the center of the flower on both the front and back.