Bake cookies, and put them together in a wonderful bouquet - a perfect Valentine's Day gift!
What you needTo make this Valentine cookie bouquet you will need: a container (for example, a themed mug), cookie dough, wooden skewers, red and pink tissue paper, floral foam, red and pink curling ribbon, a heart-shaped or themed balloon, a heart-shaped cookie cutter, and scissors.
1. Take a container and a block of floral foam. Cut floral foam to fit your container. Wrap it in red or pink tissue paper before placing it into the container.
2. Prepare cookie dough using one of your favorite recipes. Bake heart shaped cookies. Make your cookies half an inch thick so that you are able to insert skewers or lollipop sticks into each cookie.
Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes. After removing cookies from the oven, let them cool for a couple of minutes. Using a spatula, transfer cookies to a plate. Don’t pick up cookies by their sticks while they are still hot.
3. Decorate cookies with icing. Make icing and divide it between several plates. Using food coloring make one part of icing pink, one part of icing red and leave one part of icing white.
You can additionally decorate cookies with Skittles, sprinkles or M&Ms.
4. Push the sticks of “cookie flowers” in the foam, arranging them the way you want.
5. You can add pieces of red and pink tissue paper, curling ribbon and a Valentine balloon to your candy centerpiece.
Submitted by Lana. Thanks Lana!