Use a small scrap of leather to make this cute and simple drawstring purse!
What you need
Supplies: 1/2 yd of Soft Leather, Ribbon, Awl/Strong Hole Punch, 2 Purse Strap Hooks, Pink Sharpie (optional) Scissors, Sewing Machine
1. Trace a circle onto your scrap of leather. I used an 11.5″ circle and ended up with about a 6″ pouch finished. It depends on what size you want you pouch to be.
2. Cut it out.
3. If you want to decorate your pouch, use a sharpie to design a pattern. I drew a polka dot pattern of hearts.
4. Punch 12 holes equally spaced around your circle. You can use an awl or or a nice hole punch.
5. Thread your ribbon through the 12 holes, with the 2 ends in the front.
6. Pull both ends of the ribbon to draw up your circle to make a bag, tie a bow.
7. Cut a 1″ x 9″ strip from your leather scraps for your strap.
8. Fold the edge of one end of the strap through the purse clip, and stitch the end down as the picture shows.
Repeat with the opposite end of the strap.
9. Punch 2 holes on opposite sides of your purse and clip your strap on.
All done! How did yours turn out?