Discover fun Christmas scrapbook ideas here! Check out this quick and easy Christmas scrapbook layout and start creating now!
What you need
Are you looking for easy and fun Christmas scrapbook ideas? Whether you are looking for a traditional scrapbook album or something more trendy and offbeat, there’s a ton of ideas online to inspire you to document your holiday memories. Christmas is just around the corner, and it’s time to get started on your scrapbook!
9 Fun Christmas Scrapbook Ideas
A quick stroll through Pinterest and Instagram will provide you with a wide variety of scrapbook Christmas crafts and other DIY ideas that you can quickly try. You only need basic crafting supplies such as paper, inks, stamps, dies, stencils, stickers, and washi tapes. Here are a few of our Christmas craft recommendations!
- DIY Christmas decorations – This can be a fun family tradition! Don’t waste money on expensive Christmas decorations. With colored papers and dies, you can DIY this project!
- DIY gift box – Nothing beats a personalized gift box. You can create your own box or add a washi tape to a plain box to make it more interesting.
- DIY gift tags – Make your gifts more special by adding a DIY gift tag!
- Handmade Christmas cards – Paper, stamps, inks. That’s all you’ll need. And a good pair of scissors and adhesives, of course.
- 3D Christmas stars – You can buy some excellent 3D star dies online and die-cut the stars or create your own paper stars.
- Christmas album – You can create the whole album or just decorate the cover – it’s another cool project for the entire family.
- Christmas journal – If journaling is your thing, why not dedicate a page or two to the holiday season! Write about your Christmas family traditions, favorite Christmas food, etc.
- DIY framed decor – You can use this to decorate your living room area or as a personalized gift to your friends!
- Christmas wreath – You can use wreath stamps and cut them out with coordinating dies for added dimension or paint your own wreath using watercolors!
- Christmas scrapbook layout (of course!)
Today, we’re sharing a quick Christmas scrapbook layout to keep you happily crafting all season long! So grab your scrapbooking supplies and get started on creating Christmas memories that will last forever. Your family will surely thank you for documenting these precious and priceless memories forever.
What you need
Here’s what you’ll need to recreate the snowy Christmas scrapbook layout above.
- 12×12 white cardstock paper
- Layered Snowflakes Die Set
- Christmas bauble stamps (or any Christmas-themed stamps you have)
- Dye inks (green and red tones)
- Glimmer paste
- Foam dots
- Black cardstock
- Embossing ink
- Clear embossing powder
- Enamel dots
With just a few scrapbooking supplies, you can create a dazzling Winter Wonderland scene on your Christmas scrapbook layout (or any handmade project!). Here’s a step-by-step on how to make the layout above.
- Stamp the Christmas baubles using a mix of dye inks in green and red tones. It’s good to have a few Christmas-themed stamp sets with various sizes and shapes so you can explore different options and possibilities, especially when it comes to color combinations.
- Create a circular design with the Layered Snowflakes Dies. Die-cut them from smooth white cardstock.
- Cover some of the snowflake die-cuts with glimmer paste for an added shine.
- Place the photo in the middle of the snowflake wreath. Use foam dots for extra dimension.
- Then, adhere the bauble die-cuts on both sides of the photo to create a frame.
- Next, stamp and heat emboss the sentiment (you can use any Christmas sentiment you have on hand) on a piece of white cardstock.
- Afterward, matte it with black cardstock and arrange it on top of the photo.
- As a finishing touch, add lots of soft pink enamel dots in the center of the snowflakes.
Whether you’re creating a Christmas scrapbook layout or DIY home decor, we hope this post has inspired you to create something today. Browse through Altenew’s collection of high-quality and unique paper crafting supplies and check out more fun Christmas scrapbook ideas there!