What you need5 pieces of colored paper (any color) (9" x 12")
Glue or stapler
This project requires making paper origami boats. So first, make the boat following these instructions:
1) Take one 9″x12″ paper. Put it in a portrait position.
2) Fold the paper in half from top to bottom. Make sure that you paper was in the portrait position.
3) Fold the top, creased corners down to the middle of the paper.
4) Fold the bottom of the paper up against both sides.
5) Fold the bottom corners in, lapping them over each other, forming a triangle
6) Open up the bottom and lay the upper and lower parts over each other, forming a square.
7) Hold it with the flaps down and fold the corners into the top point.
8) Pull the middle out to form a square
9) At the top there should be two triangles. Pull the triangles gently apart.
Steps on how to build a boat are from: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Paper-Boat
Now that you have made your 5 separate boats, it is time to make the star. Here is how to do that:
1) Take two of the boats and connect them at the bottom side.
2) Either glue them together or staple them. (stapling is better because it holds better, but too many staples makes it ugly)
3) Connect another boat to the two boats that you connected previously. Connect at the same side.
4) Go on like this until you have connected all your 5 boats.