What you needcute scraps of fabric
small Styrofoam balls
garbage bag twist ties, cut in thirds
tiny strips (about 1/4 inch wide) of fabric, or super-thin ribbon
needle and thread
So simple, and yummy looking too. It goes together in a snap, so you can make one for each of your favorite people!
1. Cut a rectangle of fabric about 3 times the size of your Styrofoam balls.
If you have pinking sheers, cut your fabric rectangles with them. It will help prevent the fabric from fraying.
Place a dot of hot glue in the area indicated by the black star.
2. Roll the fabric around the Styrofoam ball to resemble a cylinder. Place a dot of hot glue where indicated by the black star.
3. Twist each end like a candy in a wrapper. Secure using a small twist tie.
4. Then wrap one of the fabric strips (or ribbon) around each twist tie. Tie a knot.
5. Repeat on the other side of the candy. Snip the ends of the fabric ties (or ribbon) is you used that. Now make a bunch more.
6. Either sew the bonbons together (easiest to tack the ends together with a few stitches then sewing right through), or hot glue them as indicated in the picture.
I’ve tried both methods and I prefer the hot glue method for stringing the bonbons together.
Contributed by sharon-lizette dion. Sharon-lizette loves, her family, crafting, food and dogs. Not necessarily always in that order.