A simple, easy to make bookmark using fabric.
What you need
Two pieces of fabric, ~3″ x 7″
Embroidery thread for tassel
1. Cut out two strip of fabric (and interfacing if you want it a littler stiffer). I cut mine 3″ x 7″.
2. With right sides together, stitch the bottom and sides with a 1/4″ allowance.
3. Clip corners and turn right side out.
4. For the tassel, I used instructions from WikiHow and matching embroidery thread.
5.Fold under the top raw edges of the bookmark about 1/4″. Place the tassel in the center in between the fabric and stitch the top of the bookmark closed, securing the tassel.
6. To add the cat image to the bookmark, I ironed a piece of Heat-n-Bond to the back of the fabric and cut out the image.
7. Following the Heat-n-Bond instructions, I ironed the image onto the bookmark.