Create a cute heart shaped zipper pouch using this tutorial with step by step directions and pictures.
What you needValentines Fabric, 5" Paper Heart Template, Pink Ric Rac, Batting, Zipper, Key Ring, Sewing Machine
1. Trace and Cut out 4 5″ hearts from your fabric using a heart template. Cut out 2 hearts from quilt batting.
2. Stack 2 of the fabric hearts wrong sides together and place one of the batting hearts between them. Cut them in half diagonally.
3. Using the top half of your heart, Place on fabric piece right side up, Place the zipper right side up on top of it, lining it up with the cut edge. Place the 2nd heart piece right side down, and the batting on top of it, lining up the cut edges.
4. Stitch down the cut edge of the heart, going through both layers of fabric, the batting and the zipper. Fold the fabric and batting up so that the right side is out, flip over and repeat with back.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 with the bottom half of the heart pieces, lining them up with the cut edge and sewing together. Flip them right sides up and iron flat.
6. Cut a 1″x3″ piece of fabric. Iron the edges in, fold in half and stitch down the sides so you have a small rectangle of fabric.
7. Cut a 20″ piece of pink ric rac. Stitch it around the edges of the front heart piece. (the side with the zipper.)
8. Fold the rectangle of fabric in half and pin it to the top edge of the zipper. Stitch down the edge.
9. Stack the remaining heart pieces with the wrong sides together and batting in between them. Place them on top of the zippered piece with the right side in. Make sure your zipper is halfway open. Stitch completely around the outside edges of your heart with a 1/4″ seam allowance.
All done! Happy Valentine’s Day!