One of the great things about using a technique like chalking on multiple cards is that these cards can be made "Assembly line" style.
What you need
Chalks & applicator
When making Christmas cards I love to use existing supplies. Cards are a great way to experiment with new techniques, and because they are small the results are quick and easy to repeat. I prefer to use technique cards when I make a bunch of cards with the same design.
Simply cut all the card bases, chalk all the trees, apply all the rub-ons, add all the buttons, then assemble.
1. Cut card base to 8.5″ x 5.5″ score and fold in half
2. Trim patterned paper to 4.25″ x 5.5″ and adhere to card base front
3. Lay template on white cardstock and using applicators apply light green chalk to center of tree. Using dark green chalk apply to the edges of the tree. Apply brown chalk for the tree trunk.
4. Apply button for tree star, and rub-on sentiment, trim the panel with 1/2″ border around edge.
5. Mount onto green cardstock and trim. Mount onto Red cardstock and trim. Mount whole panel onto card base.
Apply chalk in small circular motion to ensure even coverage.
Applying light colors in the center gives a 3D feel to the design.