An oatmeal fruit cookie mix recipe for a gift in a jar.
What you need
Approx. 1 Quart / 1.1 Litre Wide mouthed Jar
Recipe ingredients as shown below
Card for making tags
Zip Lock Bags
Follow the instructions in the recipes in a jar project.
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup wheat germ
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup golden raisins
2/3 cup flaked coconut
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together. Starting with the brown sugar layer the ingredients in a 1 liter sized glass jar in the order given. Ending with the flour mixture.
Oatmeal Fruit Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line one baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Empty the contents of the jar into a large bowl. Using a wooden spoon blend the mixture until well combined.
3. Using you hands work in 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 cup milk. Still using your hands or a wooden spoon blend the egg mixture into the dough until well combined.
5. Drop teaspoon sized mounds 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 14 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
Place cookies on a rack to finish cooling. Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.