Instead of using ribbon in small ways threaded through tags, and knotted through holes, how about using them as a focal point on a card!
What you need
One of the staples in any Christmas stash is decorative ribbon. I admit that I tend to get suckered in to buying lots of ribbon especially in the post Christmas sales! The great thing about the ribbon packs is they usually all coordinate and can work great for cards.
Most of the themed ribbons are bold enough to stand alone as a design element and can bring fun and whimsy to any handmade Christmas card!
1. Cut card base to 8.5″ x 5.5″ score and fold in half
2. Trim patterned paper to 4.5″ x 4.25″ and adhere to right side of card base front
3. Cut various ribbons to 4″ lengths and adhere to card front.
4. Trim blue cardstock to 2″ x 4.25 and adhere to left side of card base front (this covers the unsightly edge and ‘grounds’ the ribbons
5. Apply sentiment to tag, attach ribbon and adhere to card base.