What you needFelt in red, orange, black, white, & grey, sewing machine, needle & thread, 2 black buttons, stuffing
1. Cut out all of your pieces. You will need 2 8″x12″ rectangles from red felt for the body, 1 6″x4″ half oval for the belly, and the rest of the pieces, cut out from the pattern. Here is the Fox plushie pattern.
2. Pin the face and the belly to the front body piece of your fox. I placed the face about 1.5″ from the top edge. Stitch the pieces down onto the body by sewing around the edges.
3. Pin the nose and cheeks down onto the face, stitching around the edges like you did the face and belly.
4. Place the 2 buttons equally spaced on the face and stitch them down onto the body to secure them.
For the ears –
5. Place the smallest ear piece( black) on top of the 1 red ear pieces. Sew across the bottom of the black piece to stitch them together. Place the white triangle on top, lining up the bottom with the bottom of the red triangle and stitch around the 2 top edges as pictured below. Repeat with the other ear.
6. Use the 2 extra red pieces, placing them right sides together with the ear pieces you just finished sewing. Pin them together and stitch around the top 2 edges, leaving the bottom open.
7. Flip right side out.
For the tail-
8. Using the 2 felt tail pieces, place them right sides together, pin them and stitch around the edges with a 1/4″ seam allowance, leaving the skinny bottom end open, as seen below.
9. Flip right side out through the opening you left and stuff it through that same opening. You want to stuff it until it’s firm.
10. Now it’s time to put your fox together. Pin the ears face down to the top of your fox body.
Pin the tail to the bottom right edge, as pictured below.
11. Place the back body piece right side down on top, pinning them together.
12. Sew around the 2 sides and the top, leaving the bottom edge open.
13. Flip right side out and stuff. You want him pretty firm, like the tail.
14. Using either your sewing machine OR a needle and thread, stitch the bottom opening closed.