Got too many old magazines lying about? Need a different wreath idea? Make a shredded magazine wreath!
What you need
Old magazines, or book
Spray mount adhesive (I used Super 77)
Round edge styrofoam wreath (mine is 10 “, from the Dollar store, so I guess this could be called a “Dollar Store” craft)
Paper shredder, or shredder scissors
Heavy thread (I used Button and Craft thread)
wax paper (if using the box method)
1. Set up a spray area (this stuff goes everywhere). I used a plastic drop cloth on my kitchen island and an old box, large enough to hold my wreath.
2. Shred your magazine pages, you will need 12-20 of large format (like Martha Stewart Living) or equivalent, and crumple well.
3. Cover your wreath with strips of additional magazine pages and tape in place where appropriate.
4. Place a sheet of waxed paper in the box, or on the dropcloth.
5. Put a mound, about 1/2 of the shredded paper on your work surface.
6. Place the covered wreath in the box and lightly spray with the adhesive.
7. Remove the wreath and place spray side down on the mound of shredded pages.
8. Press and re-spray as needed adding additional shreddings.
9. When it is even and full, to your liking, set aside to dry the adhesive slightly.
10. Take the spool of heavy thread and wrap around the wreath a couple of times to secure the shredded pages.
11. Trim any unruly shreds and hang!