This is a video tutorial on how to crochet a BEGINNER SLOUCHY HAT.
What you need
Worsted weight yarn,
9 mm crochet hook (US M or N)
SEE A STEP BY STEP DEMO HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2eTrM4de78
SEE VIDEO DEMONSTRATION HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf5m_x8Fpws
- Working with 2 strands of yarn, held as though they were one, and a 9 mm hook: Chain 25.
- Single crochet in the 2ndstitch from the hook, and each stitch of the chain.
- Chain 1 and turn, working in the back side of the stitch only, single crochet in each stitch across the row.
- Repeat step 3 until the work measures approx. 24 inches.
- Fold the work to bring the foundation row and the last row completed together,
and slip stitch to form a tube. Fasten with an 18 inch long yarn end, thread it into a yarn
needle, and weave through one open end of the tube. Pull to gather up and close the top of
the hat. Take several stitches to secure, and weave yarn ends into the finished work.