Dress up your sewing machine with this easy to stitch cover in no time!
What you need
2 fabrics, 1/2 yard of each, sewing machine
1. First, cut a piece of fabric the will cover your sewing machine, going from the front, over, and to the back. My piece of fabric is 18″x25″ which fits my Brother sewing machine nicely.
2. Cut an 18″x6″ piece of fabric for the pocket (contrasting color than your main fabric). Iron 1/2″ hem on one side.
3. Stitch the hem.
4. Pin your pocket to the bottom of your main fabric piece, with the hemmed side at the top. Use a ruler and a pencil to lightly sketch about 2 vertical lines onto your pocket piece.
5. Stitch down the lines you drew.
6. Cut 4 10″x 2″ strips of fabric. Iron the edges into the middle, and then iron the strips in half and stitch down the side so that they are closed, as pictures in the steps below.
7. Pin 2 of the strips on the front of your fabric, about 6″ up from the bottom. Pin the other 2 strips 6″ up from the opposite side of your fabric piece.
8. Cut a second piece of fabric the same size as your main fabric (mine is 18″x25″). Pin it right sides together with your main fabric, with the pocket and straps in between. Stitch around the edges, leaving a small opening at the bottom to flip it right side out.
9. Flip it right side out, iron it flat. Stitch the opening closed and stitch around the sides, sewing about 1/4″ away from the edge.
Slip it over your sewing machine and tie the straps around the sides.