This Valentines Day Crochet Headband is adorable. This crochet pattern makes up fast making it perfect for gift giving.
What you need
4.5mm hook cream/white aaran weight yarn. red aaron weight yarn
The pattern is in US terms
4.5mm (7) hook
Aaran weight yarn 10ply in desired colours (I used cream and then red for the heart)
HK – hook
CH – chain
SS – Slip Stitch
ST – Stitch
HDC – half double crochet
** – sections that need repeating
() do the following stitches in one stitch i.e. (5dc in 1st st)
Ch 70 _ measure the chain and alter to your headsize
1) 1 hdc in 3rd ch hk, hdc across, ch1, turn
2) 15ss, 39hdc, 15ss, ch1, turn
3) 15ss, 39hdc, 15ss, ch1, turn
4) 5ss, ch2 miss 2ss, 8ss, 39hdc, 15ss, ch2, turn
5) Hdc across, ch2, turn
6) 2 dc in same st, *Ch1, skip 1 hdc, 1ss, skip 1 hdc, (5dc in next hdc)* repeat across.
a) When you have completed the last 5dc don’t ch1, instead 1ss in last stitch.
b) Carry on around the side of the headband, ch1, (5dc in middle of end), ch1, ss in the end.
c) Now carry on down the other side with **. At the other end follow the same as b) finish with a ss.
1) 10dc in 2nd ch hk, ss to join.
2) (5dc in 1st st), 3dc,(5dc),ss to join
3) Ch 1, sc in next st, 3x(2sc in st), 5sc, (sc,dc,sc), 5sc, 3x(2sc in st), sc, ss