This free jewelry making project shows you how to make a wish bracelet using hemp. You can also make this bracelet using seed beads the colors of chakra for a more spiritual bracelet.
What you need
Take three pieces of hemp long enough too fit around you wrist and tie around 10 inches.
Braid about half of your wrist length. Then, while braiding, put beads on every other string you pick up.
Once the beads are on, braid the rest of the way down and tie a knot. Before tying the bracelet on your wrist, make a wish!
Then TIE the bracelet on your wrist. NEVER take it off. When it falls off on its own, your wish will come true!
What you need
Thread, you can use normal nylon chord, nymo thread or elastic
2 Clam shell bead tips
1 Lobster clasp
(Optional) Craft glue or clear nail polish
Flat nose and round nose pliers
Size 11 seedbeads in three diferent colors (Example: pink, yellow and light blue)
2 Extra size 11 seed beads for the bead tips
You can create a bracelet, an anklet or even a necklace with this easy technique. You can also try diferent types of beads, diferent sizes, or mix colors in the strands. Have fun and be creative!!
1. Measure and cut three pieces of thread a little bit longer than the lenght that you want your bracelet to be, so measure your wrist, and add about 10-15 cm to that. You want your three strands to be the same lenght.
2. Thread your three strands trough one of your extra seedbeads leaving a short tail at the end (5mm-1cm), loop the threads and go back trough that seed bead again. Pull tight, tie one or two knots, and if you want, add a little bit of craft glue or clear nail polish to make sure it’s extra secure. Close the bead tip using your flat nose pliers, and also close the little loop that it has so that it is completely closed.
3. Start threading your beads on. Work on one strand at a time, and thread on as many beads to fill the lenght that you want your bracelet to be. When you’re finished, add 5 or 6 beads on top of that just in case. Make a stop-bead with your last bead on the thread by looping the chord and going back through the bead again. Do this once or twice so that the bead won’t get loose at any point. Do the same proccess for the other two strands to use the 3 colors of beads that you have.
4. Now it’s time to start braiding!! Just braid the strands normally until you get to the end. Then trying to keep everything tight, tie one or two knots to hold everything in place, get your knots as close to the braid as you can.
5. Thread your second bead tip and the other extra seed bead and repeat the step 2 to attach it.
6. Using your round nose pliers, open one of the jumprings (remember you have to open it sideways) and slide it through the loop of one of the bead tips, then close it.
7. Open the other jumpring and slide through the loop of the other bead tip, on the other side of the bracelet, but instead of closing it right away, add your lobster clasp on the jumpring. Once you’ve done that, close the jumpring, and it’s ready to wear!!
If at the end your bracelet doesn’t fit, don’t get frustrated!! You can simply add more jumprings on one side or on both sides till it fits your wrist. 🙂