This crochet pattern shows you how to make a simple headband and then embellish it with crochet flowers.
What you need
Knitting worsted weight yarn
Crochet hook size 5 (US H)
TO MAKE THE FLOWERS:
1. Chain 6, slip stitch to join and form a ring. *Chain 8, single crochet in the ring (loop formed). Repeat from * to make a total of 6 loops. slip stitch to join, and fasten off. THE BLUE FLOWER IS DONE!
2. To make the pink flower: do not fasten off.
In EACH LOOP, make 4 single crochet, chain 3, 4 single crochet.
Slip stitch to join, and fasten off.
TO MAKE THE HEADBAND:
1. Chain 6, double crochet in the 3rd stitch from the hook, and in the next 3 stitches across the chain. Chain 2 and turn.
2. Double crochet across the row. Chain 2 and turn.
3. Repeat row 2, until the desired length to go around the head is reached.
Fasten off with a long tail of yarn. Thread into a large needle, and sew the ends of the headband together.