This free paper craft project shows you how to make a Father's day craft card using simple instructions.
What you need
8 ½” x 11” blue cardstock
8 ½” x 11” yellow cardstock
8 ½” x 11” green cardstock
8 ½” x 11” patterned cardstock
8 ½” x 11” white cardstock
1 orange photo brad
“Happy Father’s Day” stamp
Letter “D” stamp.
Brown embroidery floss
1. Cut your blue cardstock in half. You should have two pieces measuring 5 ½” x 8 ½”. Take one and fold it in half.
2. Cut two strips of yellow cardstock measuring 1 ½” x 4 ¼”. Glue one of the strips along the top of the card leaving about 1 inch of blue showing. Set the second strip off to the side. You will need this near the end.
3. Take your green cardstock and cut a piece measuring 3 ¾” x 5”. Glue onto the center of the card. Next take your patterned cardstock and cut a piece measuring 3” x 4”. Glue that in the center of the green.
4. Stamp “D” with green ink and cut a rectangle around it. Round the corners with your corner rounder. *Ink* around the edges with green ink buy brushing the edges of the paper along the ink pad. With your “Happy Father’s Day” stamp, stamp ONLY the “Happy” with brown ink and stamp it on a piece of white cardstock. Cut a rectangle around that and round the corners. *Ink* around the edges. Next stamp the rest of the stamp, “Father’s Day”, on another piece of white cardstock. Cut a rectangle around that and round the corners. *Ink* around the edges.
5. With your embroidery floss stitch the “Happy” and “Father’s Day” onto the “D”. Glue the “D” onto the patterned paper. Leave the “Happy” and “Father’s Day” free to hang.
6. Take the yellow strip of paper you set aside and glue it on the lower right corner. With your paper cutter, cut off the excess making it flush with the edges of the blue cardstock.
7. Take your orange photo brad and put it on the yellow corner of the card.