What you need
Old Scrabble game pieces
Small vice, or heavy safety gloves and courage. (That’s a joke, this project’s easy don’t worry)
Drill with a small bit
Dividing beads if wished
1) Find game pieces that spell out whatever you want. Mine’s my name.
2) Wrap the sides of the piece in tape. Not the sides you will drill through. This gives it protection from the jaws of the vice.
3) Put the piece into the vice and secure. After marking where you want the hole, take your drill and carefully drill a hole through each piece trying to make it as straight as possible.
4) After you are finished, remove the tape and if you wish sand around the holes for a smooth finish.
5) Thread them onto elastic with your spacer bead, then go out and show off! You’ve now made an awesome bracelet!
This project was contributed by Morgan Bozonelos
What you need
Vintage coin or special coin
Drill and Small Drill Bit
11 inch (30cm) of Leather strapping
This Vintage coin bracelet is a very funky way to show off some antique coins. You could also make this with a coin from a holiday or a memento coin.
To start with you will need to drill the holes into your coin. Drill one hole on either side of the coin using a small drill bit.
Attach your leather using the crimp ends by placing the ends of the leather into the spring and clamping down on the wire with a pair or pliers.
Attach this loop to the hole in the coin. Do this again for the other side.
Next, measure the leather around your wrist before adding another clamp at either end of the leather as shown in the picture and attaching a jewelry clasp so you can fasten it.
If you do not want to use a clasp you can simply tie it onto your wrist.