What you needburlap, ribbon, fabric flower (optional), sewing machine, large needle, stuffing
1. Cut your burlap into 2 squares, 13″x13″ each. You can of course change the size to whatever size pillow you want.
2. Cut a 33″ piece of ribbon (measured for my 13″ pillow).
3. Thread your ribbon into a large embroidery type needle. Use it to stitch a heart onto one of the pieces of burlap, leaving the ribbon ends hanging of the front of the burlap.
I just eyeballed the heart shape as I was stitching it, but you can always use a heart template if you need to.
4. Tie the 2 ends together in either a knot or a bow.
5. Place the 2 pieces of burlap right sides together and pin them. Stitch around the outside edges giving them a 1/2″ seam allowance and leaving a 4″ opening to flip right side out.
6. Flip right side out and stuff. Once you’ve got it stuffed as much as you want (you can make it really fluffy or a bit flatter), use a needle and embroidery thread to stitch the opening closed.
7. I also added a fabric rose to the front, that’s optional but I liked the added embellishment.